Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MicroSoft Word Personal Data

       
             Recently I faced a typical problem of removing my personal information from a word document that I need to send to a client. I was asked to remove any personal information, I removed my name but I was told it was not enough. So, I set about finding ways to do so (mind it I am not a MS Word expert), so I did what all no-so-msword-experts do :), yeah I googled it.

Yeah, one more thing removing personal information is also important in the content word for something called a 'Blind Review'

Anyways, I liked the info so much that I thought to share it with a few more distressed souls (if any).

MS Word 2003
------------------
Open your file in MS Word
Click on File in menu bar
Click Properties
Select Summary Tab
Delete the information like Author etc

The properties can also be removed by doing a Save-As on File.
Click Tools at top of Save-As-dialog.
Click Security option.
Security page opens, check Remove-Personal-Information-From-File-Properties-on-Save

MS Word 2007
------------------
Click Office Buttons on Upper-Left 
Select Prepare-Item in menu 
Click Properties 
In menu-bar click Document-Properties, then Advanced-Properties 
The properties can also be removed by Office button >> Prepare >> Inspect Document. 
Click on Inspect and then Remove-All next to document properties item. 
Save the document. 

MS Word 2002
--------------------
Open file in MS Word 
Go To Menu >> Tools >> Options
Select Security
Privacy options >> enable 'Remove personal information from file properties on save' 
Click 'Ok'
Save document

MS Word 2000
--------------------
Open file in MS-Word 
Go To Menu >> Tools >> Options 
Select 'User Information' tab 
Privacy options >> select 'Remove personal information from file properties on save'
Click 'Ok'
Save document 

MS Word 2008 for Apple/Mac
---------------------------------
Open file in MS-Word 
Go to menu, then 'Word' >> 'Preferences' >> 'Personal Settings' 
Select 'Security' tab 
Privacy options >> enable 'Remove personal information from this file on save' 
Click 'Ok'
Save document

Voila !!

No comments:

Post a Comment